A mold problem in your home can have serious health implications, and if you do not act fast, you can end up with major health issues that would have otherwise been preventable. Now, you need to be on the lookout for signs of a mold problem. You will not always see the obvious mold growth in your walls or your basement, and you should ideally act before the growth becomes too visible. If you need help identifying potential signs that you might be dealing with a mold problem, you should keep on reading below, and maybe even opt for mold testing Atlanta if you find yourself still feeling unsure.
- If you notice a weird smell coming from your HVAC unit, be it when cooling or heating the house, then you should probably check it out. Mold usually emanates a musty scent that tends to linger. So, if you are noticing a musty smell in certain parts of the home or from your HVAC unit, you should get it checked out.
- If your home has recently been flooded, or you had to deal with a burst pipe or leak in your house, you should ideally get that area inspected for potential mold growth since it provides the ideal medium for mold to grow and spread.
- If water damage or prolonged water damage has occurred in your home, then you most likely will have a mold problem.
- You can visibly see the mold either in the form of clusters, threads, black dots concentrated around a moist/humid or water-damaged area, and so on.
- Everyone at home has been getting sick frequently or people visit your house and later report feeling sick or having symptoms that tend to resemble allergies or a sinus and breathing issue.